Cold Frames & Hot Beds: Extending Your Growing Season in Northern Virginia (Sustainable Urban Agriculture Lectures 2012)
This program offered by Virginia Cooperative Extension will demonstrate methods of extending the growing season to maximize your gardening efforts. Mini-greenhouses, cold frames, cloches, floating row covers, hotcaps, and other means of utilizing solar energy, reducing wind effects, and promoting early season plant growth will be shared at this meeting.
ReBuild Warehouse staff will be demonstrating construction of a simple cold frame from recycled materials and will provide detailed instructions for building one for home use.
- WHAT: Cold Frames & Hot Beds
- WHEN: Tuesday, February 14, 2012
- WHERE: Fairlington Community Center – 3308 South Stafford St., Arlington, VA
- WHEN 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- COST – FREE – Reserve a seat by calling 703-228-6414 or emailing the Master Gardener Horticulture Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- INSTRUCTOR: Kirsten Conrad Buhls, Extension Agent – Horticulture Virginia Cooperative Extension, 703-228-6423, email@example.com