PLANT CLINICS OFFER FREE GARDENING ADVICE FROM VCE MASTER GARDENERS
If you wonder how to grow great tomatoes, which tree is best for your home landscape, or what strange insect you have found, VCE Master Gardeners can help you find the answers at weekly Plant Clinics held in the following four locations:
- Arlington County Farmer’s Market, intersection of N. 14th Street and Courthouse Road, Saturdays, from 8 to 11 am, April 14 through September 29.
- Arlington Central Library Plant Clinic, 1015 N. Quincy Street, Thursdays, from 6:45 to 8:45 pm, April 19 through November 15.
- Old Town Farmers’ Market, 301 King Street, Alexandria, Saturdays, from 6:30 to 9:30 am, May 5 through September 29.
- Del Ray Farmers’ Market, intersection of Mt. Vernon and East Oxford Avenues, Saturdays, from 8:30 to 11 am, May 5 through September 29.
- VCE Master Gardener Help Desk (703-228-6414),or firstname.lastname@example.org; staffed from 9 am through noon, Monday through Friday, year round.
- Home gardeners are also welcome to visit the Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) office at 3308 S. Stafford St., Arlington, VA, 9 am through 5 pm, and our website at www.ext.vt.edu.
Please bring fresh samples of problem plants, weeds or insects with you to ensure the accurate identification of any diseases or pests. VCE recommends carrying samples in plastic bags or other clear containers. Please don’t bring live insects. All clinics and Help Desk are free of charge.