October Urban Agriculture Month 2021 is a celebration of the energy and dedication of all who volunteer or work to advance urban agriculture in Arlington!
Growing school or community gardens is much more than growing vegetables. We are growing community, too. Join us for a two part workshop this week to explore how school gardens are contributing to building stronger, more resilient communities!
All through the month of October:
Visit local Farmers Markets!
Arlington has three year-round markets and seven seasonal markets that you can visit during the month of October! Find your local market here!
Visit the Fairlington Small Space Garden and Plant Clinic and the Fairlington Farmers Market at the same time, Sundays 9-11.
Location: 3308 S. Stafford St., Arlington, VA 22206
Visit the Organic Vegetable Demonstration Garden at Potomac Overlook Regional Park Any Wednesday in October from 8:30am – 10:30am.
Location: 2845 N. Marcey Road, Arlington VA 22207
The Extension Master Gardener Help Desk is open to the public! Staffed daily between 9:00 a.m. and 12 p.m., the Help Desk can answer questions about weeds, pest management and Identification, plant disease and identification of environmental or site management challenges to plant health.
The Help Desk is located at the Fairlington Community Center 3308 S. Stafford St. Arlington VA 22312 703 228 6414.
Email questions and photos to email@example.com.
FREE Urban Agriculture and Best Practices Presentations on Demand at the https://MGNV.org website:
- Contained Excitement: Outdoor Container Garden Basics & What’s Trending! with Anne Reed
- Edible Landscaping with Alyssa Ford Morel
- Fall and Winter Vegetable Gardening with Dona Lee
- Fall Foraging with Rebecca Halbe, Jane Longan, & Puwen Lee
- Foraging for Wild Edibles with Rebecca Halbe, Jane Longan, & Puwen Lee
- Fruit Trees and Berries for the Urban Landscape, Part I with Kirsten Conrad
- Fruit Trees and Berries for the Urban Landscape, Part II with Kirsten Conrad
- The Art of Composting: How to Make Your Own Black Gold with Kirsten Conrad and Nina DeRosa
- Controlling Mosquitoes & Ticks in Your Yard without Pesticides with Joan McIntyre
- Living with Wildlife without Losing your Garden with Kirsten Conrad