REACH US VIA EMAIL!
- Contact the EMG Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org for answers to all your qardening questions.
Upcoming Online Public Education Events
- The Hospitable Gardener: Welcoming Beautiful Butterflies, Moths and Other Critters
- Native Fruit Trees & Berries for the Urban Landscape
- Waterwise Gardening
- Fall and Winter Vegetable Gardening
- Managing Wildlife in the Urban Home Landscape
- Native Grasses, Sedges and Rushes for the Home Landscape
- Fall Lawn Care
Blogs by our Master Gardeners
Subscribe by email
For Master Gardeners
Previous Post Archives
Category Archives: Master Gardeners Bookshelf
Master Gardeners’ Bookshelf: The Complete Book of Cacti & Succulents, by Terry Hewitt
Reviewed by Stephanie Halcrow, Extension Master Gardener
The perfect companion for anyone growing succulents.
Master Gardeners’ Bookshelf
What Have Plants Ever Done for Us? Western Civilization in Fifty Plants, by Stephen Harris.
Book Review by Nancy Brooks, Extension Master Gardener
We who live in the DC-Metro area are fortunate to be surrounded by many wonderful historical gardens, such as Mount Vernon, Hillwood, and Tudor Place. Among these are the gardens at the White House. All the Presidents’ Gardens: Madison’s Cabbages to Kennedy’s Roses—How the White House Grounds Have Grown with America (All the President’s Gardens) by Marta McDowell is a fascinating history of the White House grounds and gardens and how they evolved over time. Continue reading