Category Archives: Organic Vegetable
September 2019 Public Education Programs include the following classes:
• Garden Talk – Good Gardens All Start With Good Soil
• Fall Lawn Care and Turf Alternatives
• Permaculture Ideas for Small Urban Yards
• Landscaping Techniques and Native Plants for Wet Sites
Special Events include:
•Simpson Gardens Stroll
•Wednesday Central Library Garden Talks with AFAC;
•Organic Vegetable Garden Pepper Fest!
•Glencarlyn Library Community Garden Autumnfest
•Simpson Park Gardens Fall Open House.
Don’t forget to check out our Plant Clinics as well! Continue reading
Welcome veggie gardeners!
It’s time to check out the August VCE Garden Guide for vegetable and herb gardening! Continue reading
July 2019 Public Education Classes include: Herbs for Flavor, Fragrance, Health and Butterflies, Mosquitos and Ticks: Identification and Control; Composting Basics, and Succulents for Small Spaces.
Check out our new Twilight Landscape Gardening series at the Fairlington Community Center!
• Native Plants of the Fairlington Community Center
• Easy Low-Cost Landscape Maintenance Techniques
• Small Space Vegetable Gardening
Don’t miss these great special events: Ask a Master Gardener at the Organic Vegetable Garden and the Simpson Garden Stroll. Continue reading