REACH US VIA EMAIL!
- Contact the EMG Help Desk at email@example.com for answers to all your qardening questions.
Upcoming Online Public Education Events
- The Hospitable Gardener: Welcoming Beautiful Butterflies, Moths and Other Critters
- Native Fruit Trees & Berries for the Urban Landscape
- Waterwise Gardening
- Fall and Winter Vegetable Gardening
- Managing Wildlife in the Urban Home Landscape
- Native Grasses, Sedges and Rushes for the Home Landscape
- Fall Lawn Care
Blogs by our Master Gardeners
Subscribe by email
For Master Gardeners
Previous Post Archives
Category Archives: Urban Agriculture
VCE-MGNV Virtual Classroom public education events for April and May 2020 are online and open to all.
❦ Vegetable Garden Design for Success
❦ Tomato Love
❦ Safely Enjoy the Outdoors Despite Mosquitoes and Ticks
❦ The Art of Composting: How to Make Your Own Black Gold
❦ Outdoor Container Gardening: Basics and Beyond Continue reading
The Dale St Community Garden, located at 65 Dale Street in Alexandria, is a thriving new example of a green and lovely garden spot that not only offers local residents space to grow crops and flowers but also teaches sustainable gardening practices and the benefits of fresh food and the uses of native plants. Continue reading
Urban Agriculture: 2019 Winter-Spring Classes
2/25 (6:30-8:30 pm)
3/25, 4/9, 5/21 (7-8:30 pm)
Westover Branch Library 1644 N. McKinley Rd.
4/30 (7:00-8:30 pm)
Shirlington Branch Library 4200 Campbell Ave.
2/23 (10:30 am-12:30 pm)
3/23, 4/6, 5/11 (10:30 am-12:00 pm)
Burke Branch Library 4701 Seminary Rd.
4/27 (10:30 am-12:00 pm)
Barrett Branch Library 717 Queen St.
From Virginia Cooperative Extension: Don’t forget to register for the
Urban Agriculture Symposium! Continue reading