Are you curious about saving seeds from your garden? Or from veggies you bought at a farmer’s market or grocery store? Gardeners across the country are saving their own seeds to develop plants with the qualities they value, and that are adapted to their own specific gardens. Join Extension Master Gardeners Libby Good and Kathryn Kellam to learn when and how to save seeds, which ones are likely to be reliable, and which ones may surprise you. Choose wisely and you may develop your very own heirloom strain!!
Zoom session, September 16, 2022
Video of Presentation
Resources and Guides for Saving Seeds
- Saving Vegetable Seeds. 2018. University of Minnesota Extension.
- How to Collect, Process, and Store Seeds. 2022. Global Seed Network.
- Seed Saving Guides. 2022. Southern Exposure Seed Exchange.
- Seed Saving. 2022. Seed Savers Exchange.
- Organic Seed Production in the Mid-Atlantic and South. 2022. Saving Our Seeds Project.