Join Kirsten Conrad, Agriculture/Natural Resources Extension Agent for Arlington and the City of Alexandria, to learn how to identify common diseases that affect your vegetable garden. Kirsten will provide tips and tricks on how to limit and even prevent damage to your vegetable crops.
Online class offered by Extension Master Gardeners.
Speaker: Kirsten Conrad, Agriculture Natural Resource Extension Agent, Virginia Cooperative Extension
Zoom session, recorded July 8, 2022
Video of Presentation
- 0:00:00 Introduction & Overview
- 0:05:58 Integrated Pest Management Rules
- 0:11:20 Fungal Diseases
- 0:34:23 Questions
- 0:38:48 Bacterial Diseases
- 0:47:12 Viral Diseases
- 0:51:26 Fungal Diseases in Tomatoes
- 0:55:28 Diseases of Peppers
- 0:57:56 Questions
- 1:02:52 Physiological Problems
- 1:21:17 Ways to Minimize Problems
- 1:28:24 Resources
- 1:31:30 Questions
- ATTRA – Sustainable Agriculture
Biorationals: Ecological Pest Management Database
Always read the label!
- Neem Oil
- Bacillus spp.
- Horticultural oils
- Fact Sheets: Diseases. UMass Extension and the Center for Agriculture, Food and the Environment
- Hot-Water Seed Treatment for Disease Management. UW-Madison Plant Pathology
- Oregon State University & EPA
National Pesticide Information Center
NPIC provides objective, science-based information about pesticides and pesticide-related topics to enable people to make informed decisions.
- Organic Insect Controls in the Home Vegetable Garden
- Organic Materials Review Institute
- Pest Management Guide, Virginia Cooperative Extension
- Plant Disease Images – Virginia Tech
- Plant Disease Library. University of Georgia Extension
- Plant Pest Handbook – A Guide
Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station
A guide to insects, diseases, and other disorders affecting plants
- Search Results: Vegetable Disease. Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station
- Vegetable Diseases. University of Maryland Extension Extension
- Vegetable Insects and Their Management, Purdue University