REACH US VIA EMAIL!
- Contact the EMG Help Desk at email@example.com for answers to all your qardening questions.
Upcoming Online Public Education Events
- The Hospitable Gardener: Welcoming Beautiful Butterflies, Moths and Other Critters
- Native Fruit Trees & Berries for the Urban Landscape
- Waterwise Gardening
- Fall and Winter Vegetable Gardening
- Managing Wildlife in the Urban Home Landscape
- Native Grasses, Sedges and Rushes for the Home Landscape
- Fall Lawn Care
Blogs by our Master Gardeners
Subscribe by email
For Master Gardeners
Previous Post Archives
Tag Archives: Calendula officinalis (Calendula
When I plan a vegetable plot, I always include flowers. You might think that this would take needed space from the vegetables, but I argue that the flowers will pay you back handsomely. For one thing, they attract pollinators, such as bees, butterflies, and other beneficial insects during the growing period. Also, many flowers are edible, so one could argue that they earn their keep twice over. . . . Continue reading