Pepper Fest at the Organic Vegetable Garden
September 18 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm EDT
2845 N. Marcey Road
Arlington, VA 22207 United States
(Park in the lot and walk past the Nature Center to the garden.)
- Explore the beautiful pepper beds, filled with mild to hot varieties.
- Sample fresh peppers: Anaheim, Shishito, Lunch Box, Mad Hatter, Jalapeño, and many more.
- Taste dishes prepared with peppers grown in our garden.
- Consult with Extension Master Gardeners on growing and caring for peppers, vegetables, and cover crops.
- See our vegetable beds, including our edible and square foot gardens.
- Enjoy the flora of Potomac Overlook Regional Park.
Visit the Organic Vegetable Garden!
One of the best ways to learn about vegetable gardening is to see long established gardens in action. Make time this year to visit the Organic Vegetable Garden in north Arlington at Potomac Overlook Regional Park, one of the seven demonstration gardens operated by Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia.
Arlington Friends of Urban Agriculture
RESCHEDULED! – Our crazy March weather caused us to cancel our Spring Garden Kickoff on March 12. Good news — it’s been rescheduled for Saturday, May 21 at Central Library from 10:00am to 2:00pm
Plot Against Hunger Spring Kick Off
May 21 , 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The “Growing for Climate Change” panel is still the focus to offer gardeners practical information on how to continue to grow with our changing weather. Food security and the importance of donating fresh produce through Plot Against Hunger, as well as the vital role of native plants in supporting our food plants and ecosystem will be included. County Board Members Libby Garvey and Matt de Ferranti will be there, too.
More information about the event and registration will be out soon.
Stay tuned for information about the reopening of the Tool Shed and the restart of Wednesday Library Garden Talks on May 4 at 7:00pm at Central Library.