Wondering what to plant when the weather starts to cool? Join us to learn what to plant when, and simple tips for success. We will discuss inexpensive techniques to extend your harvest and ways to enjoy some of your crops in the dead of winter. We will also discuss how to select and plant winter cover crops to improve your soil for next year.
Online class offered by Extension Master Gardeners.
Speaker: Extension Master Gardener Dona Lee, an avid vegetable gardener who previously shared her tips on how to grow fantastic tomatoes all summer long!
Zoom session, recorded August 7, 2020
Video of Presentation
- 0:00 Introduction & Overview
- 05:19 Principles of Fall Gardening
- 26:33 Questions
- 32:18 Planting Your Fall Garden
- 43:11 Questions
- 46:33 Extending Harvest into Winter
- 1:04:41 Questions
- 1:14:44 Cover Crops
- 1:24:53 Questions
- 1:33:12 Cleaning Up for Winter
- 1:35:54 Questions
- Hessler, Alex. 2019. Virginia’s Home Garden Vegetable Planting Guide: Recommended Planting Dates. Publication 426-331 (SPES-170P).Virginia Cooperative Extension.
- Select Online Resources for Kitchen Gardening. MGNV
- VCE Vegetable Gardening, Online Resources