Right Plant + Right Place = Success
Based on the fact sheets highlighted in our Tried and True Native Plant Selections for the Mid-Atlantic library, Best Bets lists recommend groups of plants well suited for a particular use, a special purpose, or a distinct set of conditions. These lists are not exhaustive but they reflect the local experience of our Master Gardeners. Lists for three groups of native plants (those for Wet Conditions, Dry Conditions, and Attracting Pollinators) and the fact sheets for cover crops have been compiled into printable PDFs (legal size). The remaining categories may be converted to PDFs in the future. For more information about how the fact sheets have been updated and tips on their use, read: Updated Website Resources on Best Bets for Particular Uses.
Best Bets Suggestion Lists with Fact Sheets
- Best Bets: Dry Conditions
- Best Bets: Enrich Soil – Cover Crops
- Best Bets: Pollinators
- Best Bets: Wet Conditions
Best Bets Suggestion Lists
- Best Bets: Deer Rarely Damage
- Best Bets: Erosion Control
- Best Bets: Fragrant Native Plants
- Best Bets: Partial Shade to Shade
Best Bets Suggestion Lists – Coming soon in 2022!
- Best Bets: Black Walnut Tree Tolerant
- Best Bets: Salt Tolerant
- Best Bets: Sun to Partial Sun