REACH US VIA EMAIL!
- Contact the EMG Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org for answers to all your qardening questions.
Upcoming Online Public Education Events
- The Hospitable Gardener: Welcoming Beautiful Butterflies, Moths and Other Critters
- Native Fruit Trees & Berries for the Urban Landscape
- Waterwise Gardening
- Fall and Winter Vegetable Gardening
- Managing Wildlife in the Urban Home Landscape
- Native Grasses, Sedges and Rushes for the Home Landscape
- Fall Lawn Care
Blogs by our Master Gardeners
Subscribe by email
For Master Gardeners
Previous Post Archives
Tag Archives: Adiantum pedatum
Tried and True Native Plant Selections for the Mid-Atlantic
Northern Maidenhair Fern is an elegant ornamental plant with striking
black stalks that will not go unnoticed in a shaded border or garden. This
native of moist woods in much of the eastern half of North America* has a
singular growth habit with its fronds held horizontally in the shape of a fan.
by Dina Lehmann-Kim, Master Gardener While the Shade Garden at Bon Air Park is host to a wide variety of plants, the stars this month are the ferns. Ferns thrive in shade and come in a range of sizes, hues, … Continue reading
Written by Mary Free, Certified Master Gardener In a major improvement, Tried and True Plant fact sheets now provide photographic images that highlight native plants grown in MGNV demonstration gardens and local public spaces, such as Green Spring Gardens, Meadowlark … Continue reading