Glencarlyn Library Community Garden Educational Video
The Glencarlyn Library Community Garden coordinators are creating a new series of short videos about locally invasive plants and native alternatives. This series looks at individual invasive plants, discussing how to remove them and suggesting native plants to consider as replacements. We will be sharing these videos as well as additional resources on our website every month.
Dealing with invasive plants is a challenge which is complicated by confusion about exactly what an invasive is. More than a weed or a plant that spreads too much, invasiveness was defined in 1999 by Executive Order 13112. That order specifies that an invasive plant or animal
1. is not native to the area in consideration,
2. that can escape cultivation, and
3. that can cause harm to the economy, to human health, or to the environment.
Invasive Plant Video: English Ivy
- Plant This Not That: Replacing English Ivy
by Alyssa Ford Morel, posted April 2022
- Learn More about Invasive Plants