Enjoy creating your own traditional medicinal herb garden! Bring the flavor, health, beauty and convenience of homegrown herbs to your garden. Our simple DIY techniques will show you how to plant, care for and harvest herbs that thrive in our area – in a garden or in containers – for bountiful herbs with a tradition of healthful benefits.
Speakers: Extension Master Gardeners Kathryn Kellam & Susan Wilhelm, and Extension Master Gardener Interns Amanda Gordon & Denise Landers.
Pre-recorded session, shared via Zoom on June 13, 2020
Video of Presentation
- Appling, Shawn and Joyce Latimer. 2019. Herb Culture and Use. 426-420. Virginia Cooperative Extension.
- Care of Herbs and Starting Herbs from Seed. University of Maryland Extension.
- Herb Supplement – A Guide to Growing and Using Herbs. 2020. Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia.
- Harvesting and Preserving Herbs.
University of Maryland Extension.
- Russ, Karen and Al Pertuit. Revised by Barbara H. Smith. Herbs. 2019. Clemson Cooperative Extension
- Traunfeld, Jon and Lisa Winters. Garlic. 2010. University of Maryland Extension