Learn everything you need to know to grow exceptional tomatoes: understand the many varieties, select those that suit your needs, prepare your garden, plant and nurture your plants, and harvest tasty tomatoes of your own this summer.
Speakers: Extension Master Gardener Dona Lee & Colleen Kennedy
Zoom session, April 17, 2020
Video of Presentation
- Find out how VCE can help you test your soil.
- See Ready, Set, Adapt! Climate Change – What’s a Gardener to Do? for an excellent discussion of soil testing.
Virginia Cooperative Extension Publications
References cited in the presentation
- Relf et al. Tomatoes – 426-418 (HORT-288P) VCE publication
- LeHoullier, Craig. Epic Tomatoes. Storey Publishing 2015
- Goldman, Amy. The Heirloom Tomato. Bloomsbury Publishing 2008
- Hillock, David et al. Growing Tomatoes in the Home Garden. OSU extension HLA-6012, 2017
- Johnnys Selected Seeds: Common Tomato Pests, Diseases and Physiological Disorders, Monograph, 2018
- Tomatoes. University of Maryland Tomatoes Resource – includes a number of videos.
- Michael, John. How to fertilize tomatoes. Monograph, OFAGS