MGNV has focused on Pruning in the month of February. Here is a round-up of our pruning resources.
Handouts on Pruning
- Why, When and How to Prune Hydrangeas. Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia/Virginia Cooperative Extension. Wade, Claire. 2021.
MGNV Posts on Pruning
- Assessing and Dealing with Snowstorm Damage on Trees
- Healthy Bark, Healthy Tree Part 2: Mechanical and Weather Damage
- Managing Cicada Damage to Trees
- Q & A – Ask the Extension Agent!
- When, Why, and How to Prune Shrubs
- Winter Is the Time for Pruning
Recorded Public Education Classes
- Summer Pruning of Woody & Herbaceous Plants: Doing the Chelsea Chop!
- Pruning Perennials and Shrubs: Summer
- Pruning Trees and Shrubs: Winter