Arlington Friends of Urban Agriculture News
October Urban Agriculture Month 2022
SAVE THE DATE! Join Friends of Urban Agriculture and partners to kickoff October Urban Agriculture Month on Saturday, October 1, 2022 from 10:00am – 1:00pm at Central Library!
Join Friends of Urban Agriculture and partners to kickoff October Urban Agriculture Month! The fun begins on Saturday, October 1, 2022 from 10:00am to 1:00pm at Arlington Central Library, 1015 N Quincy Street.
The event is FREE! But please RSVP.
Arlington’s Urban Agriculture Future
The program will include:
- Keynote Speaker: Joe Guthrie, Commissioner, Virginia Dept. of Agriculture & Consumer Services
- Powerful Partner Award Presentation: Mary Sanders, HCAT
- Arlington County October Urban Agriculture Month Proclamation
- Remarks by Arlington County Board Members Matt de Ferranti & Libby Garvey
- Roundtable 1: Maximizing Food Production in Arlington County
- Moderator: Becky Halbe, FOUA Board Member
- Plot Against Hunger Gardens
- Highlands Urban Garden
- School Garden
- Roundtable 2: Urban Ag as Economic Development in Arlington – Present and Future
- Introductions by Kimberly Haun, Arlington County Urban Agriculture, and moderated by David Sachs, FOUA Board Member
- Fresh Impact Farms
- Area 2 Farms
- Roots ‘n Shoots
- Garden Talk Tables – interactive mini-presentations from the weekly Wednesday Garden Talks at Central Library
Plus, check out these events coming up later in October:
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Fall Festivals
- VCE urban agriculture workshops
- Tour of Highlands Urban Garden
- More garden education, giveaways, and fun!
For registration information and to see all October Urban Agriculture Month events visit https://arlingtonurbanag.org/october-urban-agriculture-month-2022/