Pepper Fest at the Organic Vegetable Garden
September 18 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm EDT
2845 N. Marcey Road
Arlington, VA 22207 United States
(Park in the lot and walk past the Nature Center to the garden.)
- Explore the beautiful pepper beds, filled with mild to hot varieties.
- Sample fresh peppers: Anaheim, Shishito, Lunch Box, Mad Hatter, Jalapeño, and many more.
- Taste dishes prepared with peppers grown in our garden.
- Consult with Extension Master Gardeners on growing and caring for peppers, vegetables, and cover crops.
- See our vegetable beds, including our edible and square foot gardens.
- Enjoy the flora of Potomac Overlook Regional Park.
Visit the Organic Vegetable Garden!
One of the best ways to learn about vegetable gardening is to see long established gardens in action. Make time this year to visit the Organic Vegetable Garden in north Arlington at Potomac Overlook Regional Park, one of the seven demonstration gardens operated by Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia.
Arlington Friends of Urban Agriculture News
Weekly Garden Talks at Central Library
September Garden Talks will start at 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. and be held in the Quincy Room (1st Floor)
- September 7 Fruits for Your Tastebuds and Landscape – Gain years of delicious enjoyment with fruits that grow well in our area.
- September 14 Extend Your Growing Season – Protect your crops from the chill with hot caps, cold frames, row covers and other techniques. Plus learn winter sowing techniques for an early start growing spring seedlings outdoors in milk jugs.
- September 21 Garden Herbs – Making Teas & Using Herbs – Teas and herbs offer many benefits. Learn what your herb garden can offer for enjoyment and health.
- September 28 Cover Crops for Healthy Soil – There are cover crops for all seasons that protect, nurture and add structure to your soil. What to use, when and how? Cover crops will bring your garden to a whole new level.
Donate Your Extra Vegetables!
We welcome your fresh veggies at our Plot Against Hunger’s Produce Bagging Center. We will deliver it to local food pantries the same day! Each donation, small or large, makes a big difference to our food insecure neighbors.
The Produce Bagging Center located at Rock Spring Church (5010 Little Falls Road) is open:
- August – October
Mondays and Thursdays, 1:00pm – 3:00pm
On Mondays that are Federal holidays, the Center is open on Tuesday: September 6 and October 11.
Want to help at the Center? Volunteer to package the produce and/or deliver to food pantries. Just 2 hours of your time will make a big difference. CLICK HERE to sign up. More on volunteering below.
Special Request! The Bagging Center needs paper grocery bags to transport produce to food pantries. Please bring your used paper grocery bags to the Center or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange another day and location to make your donation.
Learn more about Plot Against Hunger:
October Urban Agriculture Month 2022
SAVE THE DATE! Join Friends of Urban Agriculture and partners to kickoff October Urban Agriculture Month on Saturday, October 1, 2022 from 10:00am – 1:00pm at Central Library!