Controlling pests in our gardens can be frustrating whether they be blatantly furry and adorable or seemingly impossible to find as you search the ruins of a plant. Pests can even be invasive plants that bully the non-invasive vegetation. If you are experiencing pest problems in your garden or yard, the following classes and resources will help you.
- August 5 – Invasives in Your Garden
- August 12 – Managing Wildlife in the Urban Home Landscape
Pages & Posts
Beating the Bugs – Learn about common vegetable garden pests and how to deal with them.
- August – Bird and Mammal Pests
- Fall Crop Pests and Tips and Tricks for Reducing Overwintering Pests
- Planning to Prevent Insect Pests and Grow Healthier Plants in Next Year’s Garden
- Deer in Northern Virginia—Too Much of a Good Thing?
- Plants That Deer Avoid (Usually)
- Protecting Young Trees from Deer
Protecting Yourself from Mosquitoes without Harming Pollinators
Protecting Yourself From Ticks Without Harming Pollinators
Recommended Integrated Pest Management and Cultural Practices
- 2022 Integrated Pest Management Guide – Virginia Cooperative Extension
- Virginia Tech Pest Management Guides
- IPM Alerts – Insects – University of Maryland